View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

11-14-2008, 12:45 PM

1) Academically, why did you want to study abroad in Japan?

My decision to go for an exchange to Japan was not based on Academic reasons. For what I'm studying, Math and Physics, France, the country I'm studying in, already has one of the best reputations for it's Higher education in core science and engineering. So my desire to do this exchange comes from personal choice and preference. For me to describe it in one sentence, I would simply have to say that I want to experience something TOTALLY different whilst having decent "quality of life".

2) What can universities in Japan offer you that the universities back home cannot?

Nothing at all...

3) How are you preparing to meet your academic goals abroad?

I'm not too sure what you're trying to find out with this question, but your preparations for your goals should be the same whether you're in Japan or your home country. France is "abroad" for me, and the only prepartions I made was that I had health insurance!... lol

4) Are there any political or social issues that interests you about Japan?

... No... Not specifically.

5) Overall, what has influenced you to study in Japan (besides the obvious answer of culture)?

Already answered this... The will to experience something totally different. I believe that the best way to experience something is to live with it. I guess you could say it's the anthropologist within me that wants this!