View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

11-15-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliehsv View Post
Yeah, I know that I'm being very optimistic(or unrealistic) about it. As I said that's just a thought and I've been looking at other universities aswell. And while it's just as you said very unlikely for me to achieve the necessary proficiency I belive that setting such a high bar will get the best results out of me.

As for english speaking universities I've only checked out TUJ in Tokyo and KIU in Kyoto. From what I've gathered the admission procedures are similar, only that it's an english proficiency test instead right?

Oh, and while my japanese is far from good, it's not zero and I expect to have a pretty solid basis of the language until I go there.
Dunno about entry procedures.

Just wanted to tell you that Waseda U (Tokyo) also has a department for studies in english (google Waseda SILS). I know that it is _possible_ for foreigners to get into a four-year program here (as well as one-year exchanges which is what I am doing).

Sorry that I can't give you more info on the subject, but if you're interested I think that would be well worth looking into.

なんでやねん!