(#26 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-23-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutsuYakumo View Post
You just don't get it. It's not about crushing someones dream. It's about reality, he has an unhealthy obsession with something that he knows very little about. Someday this kid will look back on this day and thank me. You fail to see the bigger picture, therefore this argument is becoming increasingly futile. Plain and simple, If you want to go to Japan you better have a damn good reason, and know that there is no shortcut, there are people who bust their asses to honor Japanese culture, and this kid is just lusting after it like some kind of perv. You'd understand if it were your culture, but it's not so you don't.
You say that, but your not handing him your reality, you're punching it to his head. If he listen to you, someday he may look back and REGRET not taking the chance to learn more about Japan so that in the future when he's ready and capable, he can make the decision to move there and live his dream. I still fully support that dream, and you can call me stubborn, but I'm going to take a stand and encourage him to look into it more. Like I said, let him decide for himself. Don't force decision on him. Nobody has the right to do that.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子