(#99 (permalink))
Old
sakari09 (Offline)
the Ice queen...

Send a message via Yahoo to sakari09
12-27-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tocrayzay View Post
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying (and if I do I apologize in advance) but NOBODY should get married because of an unplanned pregnancy. These marriages usually don't work out. And if the bond between the parents isn't strong enough the child will only suffer. (Seen it happen) Neither should you get married just because you want to have a child, I've seen that happen and fail so many times, this desperate want for a "happy" family is usually destined to fail.
Which is why I'm a single mother (I was not getting married because of a child, even if I had people telling me I should've) (the following may be a bit off topic and if it is just let me know I'll edit it and take it out)and at the moment I do get help from the government, but it isn't that much it covers all necessary expenses, I can't speak for other single mothers but I can't wait to get daycare for my kid and start working again because money from the government shouldn't be an incentive to have a kid, and should only be used as long as necessary. Although Germany is currently trying to use money for that since Germans aren't procreating enough
I agree on the single mother and getting married b/c of a child thing. One of my Best Friends is engaged just b/c she and her fiance had an unexpected baby. It's not working out for them at all. Myself, I'm engaged but I've never had sex with my fiance. It just depends on who you are I think. *sigh* I've been on my soapbox too long. ^.^