Thread: Necroposting
View Single Post
(#46 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-16-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Can you please tell me what the differance is between a thread thats been active for a year and a thread thats been "dead" for a year?

Nothing. Unless the thread itself was only relevant to the OP there is absolutely no harm whatsoever in replying, even if it has been a year since the thread was last on the main page.
Yeah there is a difference. When a post is dead it became so because nobody posted in it anymore, lost interest or it is outdated.

I think you're referring only to threads which the point is to argue with each other. That's a special case, do not include every type of thread.

AND, we're not saying to post on a dead topic is bad, we're saying necroposting on it with the intention of OTHER people to post there is plain pointless... why would someone need others to make a thread active if he can't make it himself. For just seeing that thread be active?

You only see it the way you want it. You think it helps other people (which can share a good opinion) to post on older (but revived threads), but increases the number of these necroposters aka useless members. We don't need useless members with 1000 "OMG, I agree" posts. It drops down the quality of the forum.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?