View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Raisthlin (Offline)
JF Regular

02-18-2009, 03:24 AM

ok well that explains a lot Your gonna have a LOTS of fun none the less and even tho its not my cup of tea (japanesse one please) disneysea might be fun if your into it

Sorry i never went to that restaurant you mentionned.

Quote:
I love the look of mt Koya and the graveyard etc - is a day trip there OK? I dont really have any other options at this stage i.e lodging there for a night but I am curious if it is worth while. My girlfriend is a proffesional photographer and i think she will get a lot of great shots.
Is it worth while ? ABSOLUTELY. As for sleeping there...it all depends. I loved it. It wasnt what i would call fun but definetely interesting. I didnt looked but maybe theres some nice budget hotel around as well. Most people stay in a temple lodging as part of the "experience" but some are disapointed.

I think that an EARLY day trip would be a good idea from Osaka. it takes less then 2 hours to get there and you might want to purchased the round trip tickets which gives you transportation from Mamba to koya-san (round trip), access to koya-san buses as well and some rebate on admission in town. If its still in order you can get it at the Nankai station for 2800 yen.

The fact that your girlfriend is a pro-photographer just means its another no-brainer. You have to go. Take a look at my picture gallery from mount koya at the bottom of the page: Le mystérieux Mont Koya et une nuit avec les moines bouddhistes

If you were looking for things to do while in Osaka a day trip to Koya-san is definetely a MUST DO. Besides if you dont want to sleep in a temple with monks. A day trip is enuff time to see the forest-graveyard and the temples in town.

seeya