komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-01-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Not really.
Not really?

Quote:
If you believe that nations have the right to self-determination wherever possible and that Tibet is a nation like I do then it's nothing like Texas.
Tibet was Qing's important province because of "sinoized" Manchu ruling class who were Tibetan Buddhists of Dalai Lama's sect. Dalai Lama's political source was from Chinese rulers or Mongolian tribal leaders ever since Dalai Lama kicked out Sakyapa and other ruling factions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Why would you think Tibet is a nation? Tibet is simply one of many autonomous provinces of China, and it has been so for centuries, apart from a small period in which the English "meddled". For anyone that has studied anything about Tibet during this period, you'd know that at this time, life for the majority Tibetans was slavery.
I wonder why foreigners fight for Tibets' independence when it's "ruler", the Dalai Lama, doesn't want independence? There are mixed views of the Lama, but everyone knows he's smart and knows what is good for his people (lol). Obviously (used loosely), becoming independent from China would cause chaos and starvation in Tibet!
My father's side is from a Buddhist Chinese minority (Chaoxianxu, or Korean people living in China) for generations until they moved to South Korea in the 1940s... We all say that China has the rights over Tibet.

Last edited by komitsuki : 03-01-2009 at 07:28 PM.