View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Califer (Offline)
New to JF

Japan June/July 2009 - 04-01-2009, 10:17 AM

Hi there!

I'm going to Japan for this summer as a graduation gift. Though I think I know the basics of Japanese culture, this might be the once in a life time chance for me to go to Japan so I want it to be perfect ^__^”

So, the plan is to go for around 3 weeks. First week I’ll stay in Tokyo and around. I also want to stay 2 days in Nikko to visit Edo Wonderland and Nikko itself and for the weekend the plan is to climb Mt. Fuji. My dad thinks it’s best to use 3 days for that one, one for arriving, one for climbing and one for recovering. The second week I’ll go to Kyoto~ And from Kyoto one day to Hiroshima en Osaka. I have one week left, so I think I’ll stay a bit longer in Kyoto and end the trip with the last few days in Tokyo. I’m a big Disney fan, so Disney Land is an absolute MUST-SEE. I’ve also heard a few this about Ueno and ninja’s. Though I’m not a huge ninja fan (I’m more of a samurai fan ;D) it does seem very interesting.

Question is, is this a good planning? I have a list with must-sees for Tokyo/Kyoto and around. The thing just is that I’ll stay in a hotel in Tokyo/Kyoto, because I think it will be to much trouble to keep moving from hotel to hotel and I’m not really up for that. Are there any must-sees that I MUST SEE?! :’3 Please tell me, I want to see as much of Japan as possible.

Also, some practical questions. If I buy something in Japan, is it expensive to send it to the Netherlands or just out of Japan? Because I’m planning to buy a lot (I’m saving up money for like a year) and I don’t want to carry more than I already have to carry –lazy—More important, how do I pay?! Should I have some yen with me when I come to Japan or should I exchange aaaaaall my money to yens?! How difficult is it so exchange money and such :0

Well, since I’m going with my dad it’s going to be awkward if I want to go out. A friend of mine moved to Japan 2 years ago but won’t be around when I’m there. Is it difficult to make new friends, because I do want to go out in Japan and I don’t really want to drag my dad >__>
Hm, is it safe enough to go shopping alone in Harajuku/Shinjuku? x’D

Well, this is it for now. Hope someone can help me :’3

-- Kim