(#11 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

Send a message via Yahoo to RadioKid
05-12-2009, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi View Post
If the listener say "そうです" once the speaker is done speaking, it doesn't mean he listened carefully to what the speaker was saying.
It's not different from when the listener say "Oh yeah" here in the West.

ozkai was saying that japaneses always seems to listen and think about what you are saying, which is not more true than any other cultures.

You say japaneses are good with japanese communication but bad at westerner(english) communication.
We could say that english are good with english communication but bad at japanese comm.

What I think is formidable is the quality of formal situations in japanese.
>If the listener say "そうです" once the speaker is done speaking, it doesn't mean he listened carefully to what the speaker was saying.

What are you talking about?

1) Communication between Japanese and Japanese in Japanese
2) Communication between Japanese and westerner in English
3) Communication between Japanese and westerner in Japanese
4) Communication between Japanese and you in English
5) Communication between Japanese and you in Japanese

Japanese people tend to agree to the talker too easily. It would be more likey when the Japanese feel trouble talking/listening in foreign languege. It depends on case by case for the personality and language skill.

>You say japaneses are good with japanese communication but bad at westerner(english) communication.
>We could say that english are good with english communication but bad at japanese comm.

Of course you are right. however, the issue in this thread is what will happen when international communication is required.

>What I think is formidable is the quality of formal situations in japanese.

Sorry, I can not catch you yet and I must leave now.

Language makes Culture and Culture makes Language.

Links to Japan forum Tips :
1) How to remove spam massages on you screen
2) How to post Youtube movies or Pictures

... and
Ask professional translator for your business work. You can not get useful business resources for free.