View Single Post
(#63 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-17-2009, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barone1551 View Post
Now I'm not trying to insult you or anything. And by no means am I trying to say what you said is false. But do you ever look at the bright side of anything. Is there any good in anything you look at or read. When you analyze something, is it always negative. It seems nothing can be taken with a grain of salt in you eyes. Someone is either always racist or sexist. Cant you just relax, maybe just a little bit.
Maybe it's because you only know me through this forum, but I'm actually pretty relaxed. I'm usually the one telling my friends to relax and stop being paranoid. But at the same time, I'm realistic - and as a black, bisexual woman, it will be easier for me to see racism, homophobia, and sexism - easier than a white, straight man. I'm obviously not the type of person to sit back and let it fly. And unfortunately, I have been seeing threads of oppression (pun not intended, I swear.) So, unfortunately I guess for you and anyone else annoyed by it, I will say something about it... though really, I think that's only been in three threads or so. Not that bad.

But thanks for being nice about it. =)

LOVE: pass it on