View Single Post
(#69 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
06-27-2009, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
There has never been a point in the last 10+ years where someone has not watched the series in Japan and posted something about it somewhere. If we`re talking 15 years ago, the info starts to get thin, but still even back then I was able to find plenty of info about manga and series airing in Japan posted in English.
I didn't get internet until about 2000. Didn't know much about the internet either at the time. As for manga, back then, I didn't even know what "manga" was. I live in Richmond...not much awareness on Asian cultures here or of junk like anime, manga, etc. It's getting more awareness now, though, but mostly Chinese influences.
Quote:
That is why you read not just reviews, but summaries of the story, etc. Asking for someone`s opinion is one thing, but asking "What happens?" is another. Even if someone says "It`s great!", if they tell you part of the story and you think it sounds like it sucks - then you probably won`t be interested. It`s really not as hard as it sounds. I go through the process every time I am looking for something new to read, etc.
Seems I am like that with stuff I read, but when it comes to things I watch, usually it was recommended to me, and I just take a look.
Quote:
But can you say you would have still watched if they hadn`t been available for free at your fingertips?
Probably. If I'm really interested in something, I'll more than likely seek it out, but, if there's no US release, I'll download and watch it until it becomes available, unless, I watched some and just didn't like it. The problem is, with most anime, although there are some exceptions, my interest is mild at best. I usually have an "I can take it or leave it" attitude about it. Most of the time, I "leave it". For instance, that show with the kid...um...Ed. Full Metal Alchemist. I had a mild interest in that. I had the choice of watching it, but I never bothered with it.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 06-27-2009 at 02:20 AM.