View Single Post
(#71 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-28-2009, 05:24 AM

I have been to the Mandarake stores in Osaka, and I have seen the women perusing the doujinshi and yaoi shelves, though I will admit I never looked closely enough to see female-on-male rape fantasies.

I did recently read Gakuen Prince that I found a bit disturbing not becuase it is a female on male gang rape manga, and not because it is a female on make gang rape manga comedy, but because it is a female on male gang rape manga comedy that has been released mainstream in the US only because it is female on male, and not the other way around.

A part of me says of women find the fantasy of rape role-reversal empowering I am a little more forgiving, as women tend to be the victims of rape, not men...in the same way black comedians can get away with making fun of the way white people dance, but the opposite isn't true because (at least in the US) whites aren't the direct targets of racism the way blacks are.

But then a larger part of me says, rape is rape. In a game like GTA, you know you are a "bad guy". But in these rape fantasies, the rapist is the "good guy", and for me that's where a line is crossed. Again, I never said ban them, but let's not pretend they are something they are not. They are rape fetish fulfillment programs.
We can say "a true rapist would get no enjoyment out of these" and maybe that is true, but as a gamer and anime fan, I would not get any enjoyment out of "playing a game" where the goal is to rape someone and make her like it.