View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
LorenPaul (Offline)
New to JF

07-03-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
1. I LOVE Sendai. I got to stay there for a summer - so great! People there were absolutely kind and welcoming. Where in Sendai did you get to stay?

2. There's no such thing as a "racist country." It's always about the racist individuals who happen to live in that country. It's always about the racist individuals who get in control, and who make their society reflect their own views towards others. The thing is, there are always going to be racist individuals, wherever you go. There are also going to be racist individuals in power - people who manipulate how others think and feel. So, are there racist individuals in Japan? Absolutely.
Ofcourse my friend! basically.. in 3 weeks i only had one "bad" encounter.. which was totally mild in comparison to some of the bigotry i`ve witnessed in england and america, countries themselves that are of mongrel blood and should be more "accepting"...

Sendai? I stayed with a penfriend I ,ade when i was 13 and we`ve stayed in contact for 7 years.. I`m now 20 (infact had my 20th birthday in japan... that was a way to make my teen years go out with a bang!!)

I stayed with my friend in 東照宮 (toshogu) I stayed with her in her appartment near to the local school! was a brilliant experience! and I certainly found out about the ups and downs of living in japan, as apposed to being a tourist.

Loren