View Single Post
(#69 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-15-2009, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

All that is doing, is proving AlanX's view that everyone is a bully.
As I told AlanX, I don't think that's true. I know people who would never degrade others, because they don't feel the need to.

MMM: I disagree. If someone can point out to a statement saying, "This is where you bullied me," and, "This is where you discriminated against me," and it turns out that they have indeed had someone insult them or say something discriminating, then they've been bullied and they've been discriminated against. If someone has degraded another person and they didn't mean to, then all they have to do is apologize and the issue is over. If a person feels emotionally harmed, however, then yes - they've been bullied.

Barone: Everyone is constantly putting up an act. It's a huge part of social life. You will act different at home than you will act when you're in public, surrounded by strangers. Actors and actresses also present personas for the public eye. It's the same thing that 50 Cent does. He's not really a thug. That's something we've agreed on. I'm not sure why it's still a topic to discuss.

Unfortunately, to look at another person and think that they're immediately a part of a gang because of the way they dress is ignorant.

I live in a rough neighborhood. I see people who dress in baggy clothes everyday. I don't immediately think that they're in a gang - perhaps because I live amongst these people, and see them as human beings.

What do you think of people who work at airports who pull aside people of Middle Eastern ascent? Do you think that they deserve to be pulled to the side, because since they're Middle Eastern, there's a chance that they're terrorists?

Stereotyping, interestingly enough, is a form of bullying.

LOVE: pass it on

Last edited by mercedesjin : 07-15-2009 at 12:06 AM.