View Single Post
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

07-26-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
The characters seem more cultured and refined than say FFVIII's. Vaan, while I'll admit he was underdeveloped, like Fran and Penelo, at least wasn't an emo like Squall.

It is easy to say that XII had more refined characters then VIII. VIII had no audio, it's up to you to decide how the characters are interacting with each other by what text reads. X and XII have voice overs, so you can feel the emotion much easier. You don't have to fill in all the little details yourself.
In that sense, you can say that Tidus had more personality then Cloud. Though I do like Tidus in combat, and I enjoy his character design, he is definitely one track minded. (I don't want to go off topic here, but you can say he has more personality then anyone from 7-9.)

Could you please explain how you see Squall as an emo? He doesn't want to let people in on his life and chooses to isolate himself. An emo wants people to feel sorry for them and console then. Squall wants to be left alone, to not be bothered. Emos want attention but don't admit it. This isn't like Squall at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

Nah, it was. Had no... substance to it.

How about you provide a more decent response then saying it has no substance? If you think it sucks period, I am sure you can give more of a reason then that.