View Single Post
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

07-27-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
thus I dissagree with your opinion that Tidus has more personality then anyone prior to FF X. Yes, voice overs make the characters more lively, but not that much where they has more personality than previous ones. If I were to agree with that, then it be the same as saying that Kimahri has more personality then... lets say, Barret or anyone else, just because he has a voice over.
I don't think Tidus has more personality then anyone prior to X either, I was just trying to make an example that perhaps you thought a voiced character was easier to understand in terms of character and personality. I think that was a bad example to give on my part.

When you explain things more it makes it easier to understand what you mean. A lot of your posts that I have read people misunderstand because you don't give enough details on your part. I like your comparison of Kimahri. Kimahri hardly says a thing and his character is pretty damn dull. Barret of the most liveliest ones in all of VII, so no arguments there.

Quote:
PS: This thread was derailed from the begining, I see no point why we should stop, not to mention there isn't much to talk about FF XIII anyway.
You misunderstand, I didn't mean about the thread being derailed, we were talking about Vaan and Squall, then I went and switched the topic to Tidus and cloud, making it go off the topic we wre on.

Quote:
Maybe calling him an emo was wrong, but that's how he looks to me. I didn't like Squall was because he shunned everyone away with his annoying "loner" behaviour, which is lame. Through the game all the characters show affection to him, wanting to be friends or more, but you got to put with this "I don't let people in because I'm afraid to get hurt" crap, until the end when he finally realizes he loves Rinoa and when that's done it's time to save the world. From each FF series you get a main character who's not only looks, but also personality differs from the last one. While Squall was more like a genetically-altered clone of Cloud.
The reason why I compared Vaan and Squall was because of their same ages and they have similar pasts.
When you explained more it helps me to see more where you are coming from. I don't really see how Squall is like a clone of Cloud. Cloud just has an " I don't care" attitude about everything. Until he met Aerith his views changed to some degree, later on after she dies, he started to turn the anger from Sephiroth onto himself. This is much different then Squall. Squall had no friends and didn't want any, Squall followed order and had a game plan. Cloud was the leader and listened to others.

I don't think there was ever a time when Squall actually whined, but I can see how it became annoying to you how he constantly spoke of Ellone and all that.

Quote:
FF VI is nothing like FF. It's has a deep story in it. What am I trying to say here, if you think that FFVI doesn't differ from FF, then you're completly wrong.
Perhaps I should of make it more clear. When I said I didn't play the first VI, I meant I didn't play the first six games. I didn't play 1-6. I only played 7-12. So personally I know virtually nothing about the first six games. Though I have played a bit of FFI recently.