View Single Post
(#62 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-06-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I was actually thinking of writing a reply to just to support what you said, but then remembered about the great-uncles... And it was a little harder to just toss out support with no strings attached.
Well, both my grandfathers were ANZACS ( if you don't know what that is, it is the allied Australia and New Zealand Army Corps; Australia and New Zealand pretty much united to form a single nation during the first and second world wars).

My father's father fought the Germans in Egypt. He got blasted by a spitfire plane, but survived. He never talked to my father about it. My father didn't even know he was in the war until later on.

My mother's father was on the ships that blasted Japanese hills with their big guns. Yet, my mother says there is an emotional issue, also. She thinks he must have landed at some stage.

They were not soldiers, either of them. They volunteered. They didn't really belong there.

I don't really support either side in the war. I think both wars were pretty dodgey, with both sides behaving pretty shamefully.

Anyway, for a lot of what I say to be relevant, you also have to consider other things I say. I'm pretty old fashioned, really (like, 1,000 year old fashion).

In the end, I just accept the murder of the innocent as always a crime under any circumstances, and it should never be done.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…