View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-12-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasi View Post
What do you mean by "quakeproof"? Most newer buildings are built to fairly strict regulations, which is supposed to mitigate damage from earthquakes, but noone really knows exactly what will happen. In the two medium-sized quakes we have just had, nothing even fell over in my 4th floor apartment. This is a big city, and so if there is a very large earthquake, which might happen tomorrow, or 50 or 100 years from now, there will certainly be a lot of casualties.

Those of us who live in Tokyo live with this every day- you are just visiting. If you don't want to take your chances, then don't come. Keep in mind that the chances of you getting hit by a bus next time you cross a street are considerably higher than the chances of you dying in an earthquake.
No need to be harsh, he just want to know if they will be safe. I do agree with you though, there is no telling. Thats why its called an "accident" since its not planned

I mean, Fuji is long due for an eruption (according to the scientist, as its estimiated the Fuji erupt every 10 years or so, and it has't for the last 30 years), if it does erupt, it will be a MASSIVE one, but people around it don't live in fear, and its definitely not stoping other tourist.

My friend was sitting in his living room when a truck lose control and ploughed into his living room, stopping literally an inch short of hitting him.....

Anything can happen...