View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
pixisticks (Offline)
New to JF

Angry U.S.A. three prong to two-prong Japanese adapters? - 08-17-2009, 10:35 PM

Hi everyone! Sorry to bother you again, but I'm getting really frustrated and I need some help. I'm from Las Vegas, going to be studying abroad in Tokyo starting from September, so I got an adapter for some of my stuff to use over there. However, the one I got is weak and says not to be used with things like computers, DVD players, etc. (it's mostly for hair dryers and irons, I assume). I need an adapter for my Dell laptop (I have a three-pronged power cord with it), but I can't seem to find any anywhere. I can find plenty of two-prong to two-prong adapters, but for some reason, I can't find any that can be used with my laptop.

I've gone to Walmart and Radioshack so far, and no luck with either. So if anyone can send me some links on where to look (I've looked online at Best Buy's and Fry's, but no luck with them either), that would be wonderful. I don't think I'm searching properly, since everyone else seems to have no problem finding them (though nobody I've asked has actually pointed me in the right direction. Argh!)

Thanks!