(#5 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-09-2009, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
My suggestion; Take a free class.

Your local something or other office should offer a number of free classes for this and that. They should be listed in the monthly local paper (you should get this free in your mailbox every month) or on the webpage for your area. Find a class that looks kind of cool, and go to it.
There are usually sports, arts, crafts, computer related, language, etc classes open to anyone for free or material costs. Even my little small town has like 30 of them.
You can also often find such-and-such clubs listed in the same places. Usually a gathering once every 2 weeks of like minded individuals. There were tons of these when we lived in Nagoya, but only a handful around here so I`d guess it varies a lot by location.

I don`t think making friends in Japan is all that different from making friends in the US - it just comes down to making an opportunity and reason for talking with someone.
I met tons of people (all nationalities) in classes. If you really want to meet women join a dance class like Salsa. Not enough men join these classes. Since you are in Osaka search Kansai Scene ads for Kigouya (?), a camping and other trips club that has many nice people.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!