View Single Post
(#173 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-16-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
That's not what I'm saying! It's not gonna be panel for panel!! I'm saying they should use the manga to create a good anime. For example, Full Metal Alchemist is a good example of what i'm saying. The anime ended way before the manga did. That's not the way it should've been. They should have looked to the manga for directions and not themselves. Or at least have the maker of the manga make the anime.
Hiromu Arakawa didn't want an completely faithful imagining of her work, she told them to end it differently, and they did. Or should it have turned into what Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece have become? Bloated with fillers and mediocre episodes.

Sure, it might be nice to see the manga on the big screen being animated, but now that it is an anime, maybe those studios can take the opportunity and be creative and introduce a new perspective to the series.

Watching Evangelion 1.0 was pretty boring as it was more or less, shot for shot, the same as the first series. However Evangelion 2.0 is very different from the original series and as a whole, much more entertaining while still incorporating certain scenes.

Quote:
And what do you mean one of THOSE fans?! You know I was gonna call you a baka, but I held off since i'm being nice and I don't want to get angry.
Baka? Really? lol. This comment definitely affirms it. You want an incredibly faithful adaptation or you'll get upset and whine about how different it is.