View Single Post
(#16 (permalink))
Old
chryuop (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-19-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by korriken View Post
well, going from dictionary form to te form isn't troublesome, but sometimes when im reading i gotta stop for a second and conjugate in reverse to figure out what the base verb is.

but you're probably right, there is probably a lot of particles and uses that I have yet to see, and i simply don't know that I'm messing up. Perhaps I'll do some writing today and post it somewhere to see if I'm messing up and not realizing it.

but is the distinction between wa and ga really that hard? I always thought the distinction between topic and subject to be fairly simple. Something tells me I'm dead wrong.
After a while you have been reading Japanese material you start understanding how ha and ga work (I never worked with romaji, so I keep writing ha, hopefully it is not wrong lol).
Whether there are some cases where you have to use one or the other, switching them would be a mistake, there are cases where you can use both.

I don't know if it is true that even native speakers have problems, but for sure learners will always face doubts in certain circumstances.

降り注ぐ雨 マジで冷てぇ
暗闇の中 歩くしかねぇ
everything’s gonna be okay 恐れることねぇ
辛い時こそ胸を張れ