(#35 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

01-31-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Oh Salvanas...

You do not understand that art is more than paintings and sculpture.

Without art, there would be no architecture. We would still be living in caves.

Without art, there would be no cuisine. We would still be eating twigs and berries.

Without art, there would be no clothing. We would still be wearing felts and leaves.

Without art, there would be no news or exchange of information. The telling of a story, the painting of a picture in the mind, is an art.

Without art, there would be no advances in science. We would still think we live on a flat rock in the center of the universe.

Without art, there would be no media. Imagine no games, movies, TV, novels, music...no entertainment whatsoever.

Without art there would be no technology. It takes creative thought to advance, and without art we would still be rubbing sticks together to start a fire.

To denounce artists is like denouncing oxygen. You may think you don't need it to live, but wouldn't last five minutes without it.
I think both you and Salvanas are talking about different things... The definition of art you've just used can be used for anything. Someone could say there is an art to taking a piss! It doesn't mean it's art! I think Salvanas does have a point... the majority of people I know that are "artists", studying Art, illustration, cinematography etc are people that failed at school!