View Single Post
(#63 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

02-05-2010, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Exactly. Never said the otherwise. But that happens unconsciously. Love cannot be selfish unless your primary concern is to enjoy being happy by yourself, rather than care for your partner. Love is altruism, not selfishness.

And no your "Everyone is always selfish in some way or another." statement is wrong, you're not selfish just because you gain something out of an action. You're selfish only if your main concern is to benefit just for yourself, regardless of what happens to others. Keep this in mind.

I'll continue argue tomorrow, but you seem to misunderstand what is selfish or not.
You failed to understand then. When taken in a literal sense every action we do in our lives is to gain a specific result - the result we want.

There's two different ways we're looking at this here. You're adamant that being selfish in the practical sense is the only way of being selfish. What you quoted was me referring to selfishness in the literal sense.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.