View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Brass (Offline)
JF Regular

02-12-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
I don't know how you can narrow your selection down to a race you haven't dated; but can't say you have got the wrong idea ^^/. Different strokes for different folks.
It's not a race thing. I think you have the wrong idea and maybe I didn't explain properly in my first post. As I stated I have dated many races so obviously I'm not stuck on a single race nor am I racist. My dating history has all the colors in the rainbow. My issue is that from my teen years I have most comfortably identified with the Japanese culture and think that I would like to settle down with a Japanese woman and into a Japanese family environment. Yes I still love my American roots but I also have a great affinity for the Japanese culture and lifestyle.

Quote:
Answers to #1 & #2: The internet is your friend then. You need to be able to travel though domestically to expand relationship with friends. The internet is your start. You can even start with those in Japan.
Good point. I honestly have tried Internet dating but confined myself to my local area. Depending on the dating site, very few or even no Japanese women were on there. Internet is a no-go unless I or she is willing to travel. On that note I did have a internet penpal from japan about 5 years ago but my Japanese language skills are not on that level anymore. I already am re-learning proficient Japanese as we speak, it will probably take 6 months or so to get back to a acceptable speaking level.

Quote:
#3. Not so. It is becoming less of an issue in Japan and a non issue in the states (in general).
Ok, I wasn't sure if this was an big issue because I know Japanese women/families might have issues blacks or americans in general as far as dating is concerned. Yes I live in the states, in California.

Quote:
You will have to ask the girls you flirt with out. Women are unlikely to ask you. It doesn't have to be labeled a date.
Of course, the problem as I stated in my first post was that as of right now I have no one to flirt with really. I'm not in any social circles.

Quote:
Go study or visit Japan before you conclude your destiny to make sure it really is for you. The more Japanese and culture you know the better of course.

28? You've got PLENTY of time.
Visit Japan, yes I plan to. Study or spend considerable time in Japan? I wish, but to do that I would have to quit my job and I am not in a position to do that.

I understand at 28 I still have time, but I'm not sure about "plenty" of time.