View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-12-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass View Post
It's not a race thing. I think you have the wrong idea and maybe I didn't explain properly in my first post. As I stated I have dated many races so obviously I'm not stuck on a single race nor am I racist. My dating history has all the colors in the rainbow. My issue is that from my teen years I have most comfortably identified with the Japanese culture and think that I would like to settle down with a Japanese woman and into a Japanese family environment. Yes I still love my American roots but I also have a great affinity for the Japanese culture and lifestyle.

Well if you state you think you are "destined" to be with Japanese, I would say you are stuck on a race a little. But I'm not saying its not cool to be either. You are not a racists for being attracted to the people of a "particular" culture or race. I was just pointing out you may be jumping the gun that you are destined to marry Japanese with little experience in relationships with Japanese. But you will only know its right for you from experience.

Quote:

Good point. I honestly have tried Internet dating but confined myself to my local area. Depending on the dating site, very few or even no Japanese women were on there. Internet is a no-go unless I or she is willing to travel. On that note I did have a internet penpal from japan about 5 years ago but my Japanese language skills are not on that level anymore. I already am re-learning proficient Japanese as we speak, it will probably take 6 months or so to get back to a acceptable speaking level.
I *know* there are specific website dedicated to dating Japanese. A friend of mine mentioned Tokyo Essentials.

Friends of Tokyo Essentials

plenty more out there surely.

Quote:
Ok, I wasn't sure if this was an big issue because I know Japanese women/families might have issues blacks or americans in general as far as dating is concerned. Yes I live in the states, in California.
So you can mark that off your worry list.

Quote:
Of course, the problem as I stated in my first post was that as of right now I have no one to flirt with really. I'm not in any social circles.
Well I was just mentioning your college experience in your first post. Flirted and didn't ask out. I didn't mean to offend if that came out wrong.
Quote:
Visit Japan, yes I plan to. Study or spend considerable time in Japan? I wish, but to do that I would have to quit my job and I am not in a position to do that.
Even a week or two since you live on the west cost is cool and fun.

Well I know California is big, but building relationships on the Internet and meeting someone from there say in San Fran every so often counts (with San Fran having a pretty big population of Japanese)...

I hear you on the job front. You feel trapped by it - but you got to live your life to, so maximize your days off even it requires some train or car travel.

Quote:
I understand at 28 I still have time, but I'm not sure about "plenty" of time.
Nah you have plenty. Good luck.

Last edited by clintjm : 02-12-2010 at 09:30 PM.