View Single Post
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

03-26-2010, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacerier View Post
anyway regarding 大きい and 大きな, in speech will it be more common to hear conjugations based on い-adj or な-adj? what about 小さい/小さな.
It's hard to say which one is more common. Both are used nearly as often.

Quote:
also, is it true that in written we should always write ごろ (about) but in speech other than formal situations we will pronounce ごろ as ころ?
Tricky question there. Are you testing me, buddy? I don't blame you if you wanna test me because I drank at the honky-tonk all night long. It's a miracle I'm typing in this weird-looking foreign language this morning after all that bourbon and only 4 hours of sleep. I'm still drunk as a skunk.

The first question isn't a vaild one as it's usually written in kanji in writing. 頃. I haven't lost my wit, have I?

In pronouncing the word, the choice is usually dependent on what word immediately precedes it. You ain't got no choice even if you wanted it, buddy.

あのころ、そのころ, こどものころ、学生のころ

8時ごろ、12時ごろ、いつごろ、何時ごろ、 5月ごろ

See the pattern there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacerier View Post
btw in a sentence like this: 庭の木がすっかり紅葉しました, will 紅葉 be pronounced as こうよう or もみじ?
That's definitely こうよう, buddy. We don't never say もみじする like that in a verb phrase here in the Appalachian Mountains. The Yankees may do up North but we don't down here.

Quote:
also, I was wondering if it is alright to talk like this: 腕を折れた or must it be this way: 腕の骨を折れた
We don't never say neither, buddy, because 折れる is an intransitive verb. Say 腕折れた and 腕の骨折れた.

折る = transitive
折れる = intransitive

Alright, I'm fixin' to walk over to Seven-Eleven for some cold beer. Y'all take it easy. Have a good'un!