View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
05-01-2010, 05:46 AM

Hmm... I think that everyone is getting a little too focused on his experience and not thinking about how Japanese companies work.
You may have 5 years experience - but it was at another company, doing something else. They would be taking you on at the bottom of the ladder, which is pretty normal if you haven`t been asked to come to work for them from some other company.
Even people changing jobs with 5~10 years experience often start off on the bottom rung. The experience just makes it easier to move up fairly quickly.

5 years experience going into a different company will get you base pay - which is generally around 200,000yen these days. 5 years experience in the same company will earn you more.

Anyway - the base pay of 200,000/month isn`t all that low for starting out. It is the other things that concern me. It`s normal for companies to cover transportation - they should cover yours. What is their overtime policy? No overtime with lights off at going home time? Limited overtime (only pay 20 hours? 50 hours? 100 hours?) Unlimited overtime? How are their bonuses? One or two a year? Each being on average how many months pay? Do they have a reward system in place? (giving employees mini-bonuses at final accounting based on profit levels) This is the type of information that is needed to actually give you some real advice on the company.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.