View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Saradus (Offline)
JF Regular

11-01-2010, 03:15 PM

I've found that my lecture schedule is much tamer as I've moved through uni, but that my overall free time has decreased. In my first year I had 25 hours of lectures a week. Then in my second year I had around 18. In my final year.....I have just 4 hours a week this term (and even next term it's only going up to 12).

That said, I didn't have a huge 60-80 page dissertation to do in my first and second years. Already in the first 3 weeks of term we had to create a 25 page initial document from start to finish for our project. It was a tight deadline and I found very little time for anything other than studying and working on the project.

Now that the initial document is in, we have another 2 weeks to learn more stuff and prepare a presentation to do in front of the computer science department at a conference in north wales.

Alongside this I have another mini-dissertation of 20-30 pages and the presentation for this is in 3 weeks time!

So although I have a lot less lectures I guess I find myself more busy this year!