View Single Post
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-09-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
Sounds like you had an amazing time experiencing traditional Scottish culture. I hope one day to experience the traditional Japanese culture. I'd say Scots English is slowly dying out with the internet & all, but a number of words still remain. I remember on the day before my 18th birthday, my dad took me to Celtic Park in Glasgow, & this meant leaving early & driving across the country. I had no idea what this 'surprise' was until we stopped for directions right outside the stadium. It was HUGE!!!! I remember nipping into a wee pie shop for lunch. The accents were very strong. I got a tour of the stadium, visited the shop & watched the match (it was Celtic v Hibernian, when 1 Shunsuke Nakamura still played for the team). The weather was aweful, but it will be an experience I remember forever.

H aHa jambo I was in love with all things scottish. Maybe we can carry on this convo on a new thread?!!

YuKI I hope some of the examples we have posted from YOUTUBE will be of interest to you regarding differning accents and dialects.