View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-10-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusOperandi View Post
Long, dry and Sunny days dispelled by refreshingly heavy winds -- slowly shaping the growth of acacia trees. These trees grow to be of all shapes and sizes, but you never fail to find a chiseled one that can cradle you all day long while you bask in the sun. The heat, pinching your skin, gives you slight discomfort. This discomfort is quickly ignored by the pleasure you feel when the heat hisses through your skin. You sit back and admire the untouched plains filled with all types of life. Children playing, people relaxing, herbivores grazing and the ants marching to their own little beat; making their way through cracked soil with crumbs, twice the size of their body, grasped tightly between their mandibles.

Not too far away, Hawks fly in pairs as they circle over couples picnicking on bright-green grass. You look at specific couples and chuckle in anticipation because you know a hawk will invite itself to a bite…or maybe two. You silently praise yourself when your assumptions come true, then you laugh like a mad man at the couple’s reaction to the swift theft.

A nice day of warm relaxation is cut short by the breeze. The sudden wind differs from the heat and sends chills down your spine. You want to curse, but you can’t, because it carries with it a sea of blue that it stole from the Jacarandas down the land.

You go home and get ready to sleep. You can’t wait for the responsibilities of tomorrow to end so that you can do it all again. Maybe, even invite a friend or two to keep you company this time.

Man do I miss it. Can't wait till the day I get to go back.
Have fun guessing :P

Loving your descriptions I don' tknow but could be South Africa?

You are a born writer I would say-- beautiful.