View Single Post
(#59 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

11-13-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
You're forgetting that the best surgeons pick the students with the best results to be their apprentice! As well as the fact that students with the best grades get more chances and internships and a bigger variety of experience. Medicine is actually one of the fields where results and degrees count for A LOT since you probably won't even get the chance to get as much experience if you're not brilliant

Why are you mixing cheating into this? Sooner or later, the cheaters will probably get caught and they'll lose their job! Me and a friend done an experiment with this. We both applied for an internship! We both had the same results, he cheated, I didn't! He lasted 3 weeks before he got fired because they figured out he didn't actually know anything!

People are going way too far into the extremities! It's stupid to say that in general either Experience or education is more valuable than the other. Of course it depends on the field and career, but the best combination is a good education and good experience!
And you just proved my point by saying that. That's why I was mixing cheating into it.

He gets an high score, by cheating, he gets his diploma. Good for him, lookin'all smarty and stuff. Then when he gets a job... Something like that happens.

My point: Just because someone has a diploma it doesn't make them qualified for a job. Because nowadays, with the new technologies, it's so easy to cheat on exams... (Not saying that everyone does - but many do)

OaSN: And even a "legit" diploma, in alot of cases, doesn't make them qualified for a job. Experience does more than a piece of paper - and that's what everyone asks for nowadays.

But hey! We all have to start somewhere. That's why we have interships, amaright?

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.