View Single Post
(#12 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-23-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
P.S but those kids who find their donor fathers don't have actual rights to demand anything afterwards? its not like they are demanding some monthly fees like after the divorce one side pays for children.
what were those events that made it to news and why?
To be honest, I'm not entirely certain. The law that went through to say sperm-donations would no longer be anonymous happened when I was still in school, so I didn't pay all that much detail to remember the specifics. I'll do an internet search though and see if I can find out for you, I think that the reason why certain events made the news was because some children did try to demand child support and payments, but I could be wrong. Some of the other members like Dogs and Columbine are from the UK, and older than I am, so they might be able to answer you better

Edit: BBC NEWS | UK | England | London | Sperm donor to pay child support - yeah, I was right. Some sperm donors can be legally held responsible for paying child support, or they could be at the time the article was written three years ago.

Second Edit: The link focuses on a man who donated to a friend, rather than through a centre. If donated via regular routes I'm sure that the child can't actually demand anything from the biological parent, especially as they can't discover that parent's identity until they turn eighteen (I think, could be wrong).

Last edited by RobinMask : 11-23-2010 at 09:45 PM.