View Single Post
(#29 (permalink))
Old
HolyWars (Offline)
New to JF

01-11-2011, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
HW: The way you talk about it makes it sound like it was a fairly easy surgery to recover from, when it's like the exact opposite. And you sound all optimistic about the whole thing, truly admirable.
Why Thank You! I think that I built it up so much leading into it, it just seemed easier than I was expecting.
I remember the time before last when I was about 6, I was in hospital for close to a month, so to get out in 6 or so days was fantastic, particularly when it was a bigger procedure! It just shows how far the technology/methods used have come.

Quote:
So, other than seeing your cardiologist every other year, do you lead a normal life? Like, are you allowed to work out, go jogging, than kinda stuff?
Yep, I can do all of those things, pretty much. I'm not allowed to do Heavy weight lifting which is the only thing that I can think of. I can do all the cardio and exercise that I want really apart from that

Quote:
What about the other 70%? Can it last a lifetime?

Also, how hard was it to find a donor who was a match for you?
I couldn't tell you the answer to both of these tbh, I just remember my cardiologist mentioning this to me.

Quote:
Really, like worse than the pain from the wound before it healed entirely?
Most certainly! I'm not saying that the wound wasn't painful, it's just everytime I coughed it felt like the zipper was going to burst open.

Quote:
Hey I'm fan #1 of scars, you totally sound like my kinda guy.

Last edited by HolyWars : 01-11-2011 at 12:55 AM.