View Single Post
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-13-2011, 05:36 AM

Hi.
Could someone correct my English?

Two days after the massive earthquakes in Japan.

Two days have passed after the earthquakes here.
Newspapers only have news about this accident. All the TV channels have been broadcasting only about this disaster. They are showing the videos of the time the biggest earthquake and tsunami occurred, giving explanations how radioactivity leaked, reporting where and how many people have been isolated, and commenting many rescue teams from foreign countries are arriving to help us. (We really, really appreciate it. Right now, the announcer is saying the teams from the US, China, Deutsch, Switzerland and some other countries have come. )
I live in Kawasaki city, Kanagawa prefecture which is located next to Tokyo. We only have usual seized earthquakes here. However, bottles waters are scarce in stores. I saw some men buy up all the boxes of bottled water in a supermarket. I think they have two reasons to do so. The first reason may be that tap water have been smelling Chlorine since the day before yesterday. We usually drink tap water and don’t store bottled waters, so we need to buy bottled ones now. (I believe we will be able to drink tap water after boiling it.) And the second might be that they think there will be some massive ones near here and we might lose the lifeline, because the seismic sources seem to be coming nearer.
Some of the shoppers’ eyes seemed to be panic a little. There are no more butane gas cartridges in stores around here.

Thank you for reading the gloomy story! 

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP