View Single Post
(#15 (permalink))
Old
ginam (Offline)
New to JF

thanks & well-said - 04-06-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenmins View Post
Don't take things so seriously. The point I was making is that if you have found such a place that you treasure keep it to yourself. When you want to go out with friends and friends of friends go to another place that you don't care if they're loud or not.

Steady on mate. A lady asks for some simple advice about how to be polite and gets caned for it. What the hell is this forum for anyway if someone can't get some friendly advice about experiences they are having in Japan?
you've made my points better than i would have. i get it that the owner knows we're not the same as that pseudo guest that was there, but i can still be embarrassed. loud is fine...jerky isn't. if james could see the stuff i see regularly, there's be a little bit less encouragement to chill out or question my own feelings about my heritage or whatever. seriously, the crap people pull around here would get their asses kicked in their own country, but they seem to think it's perfectly reasonable here, even though what they're doing isn't the norm here either. i'm not trying to assimilate (really? i'll ever blend in?), nor do i think my hosts here are fragile. i just know that we DO get viewed as a bunch of assholes because the same things happen so often.

if rude people want to find their own way into places i like, that's just the way it goes. the problem here was that it was one of us who took him there. yuck.

thanks for chiming in, tenmin...and thanks again to MMM for the tip as to what to say next time.