View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-18-2011, 10:36 AM

They tell you you're good because they don't expect you to go out of your way and learn a language thats completely different to your own, that you'll only be able to use in that one tiny part of the world. The fact that you can make the effort to squeeze out a "korr nee chee war" often enough to knock some locals in Japan off their feet.

Dude, you're in Manchester, one of the most ethnically diverse cities in England AND you're at Uni which means there's bound to be some exchange students. Go down to your international hub and ask the person in charge to give your details to any Japanese student willing to language exchange. Wait for them to contact you and when they do, spend lots of time with them, speak only in Japanese where possible TELL them to correct your mistakes otherwise they won't due to politeness.

Saying that though, none of the exchange students at my Uni have ever said "nihongo jiyouzu" to me lol

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me