View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

04-22-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
Everything is about making money though . . . the royal wedding draws in more tourists than you can possibly think of, it also turns the world press onto our small island. It's a huge boost for tourism, industries, economy . . . I mean think of how much money is spent on security, dresses, transport, and then how much the businesses and people locally will earn from that. We're in a recession, people are just thankful to get some of that money thrown at them when it's so hard to get business.

I'll also mention that the royal family do a lot for charity. Princess Diana was famed for it, and I'm sure they do a lot even today . . . I have a feeling Dogsbody will know more than me, because she's older and more wiser when it comes to these kinds of things. If not other members might. I don't follow the royal family, so I can't give you many examples, but I do know they do a lot.
you mean tourists outside of Great Britian? If so, then yes it's a boom for the economy however, will it really surpass all the money which has to be invested in security and all that stuff. I mean entire London is closed off for this act isn't it?

And yes, you are right Lady Di was an amazing woman! And the Royals in general do many good things, thats true.