View Single Post
(#60 (permalink))
Old
Gahzirra (Offline)
JF Regular

05-22-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I`ve never tried to fit in, or to be anyone other than myself. In my case, I suppose I am just lucky because "myself" doesn`t have any trouble fitting in.
Ugghh, man you are not some special snowflake. I am just playing devil's advocate and am by no means a Japanophile. Just can't stand when someone thinks there idea of "I moved to Japan, I chose to speak the language, I follow many of the customs" but that's me I am normal...the guy that wears the yukata yea he is trying to fit. LMFAO you even recounted the story yourself when you first came to Japan, the other kids picked on you cause you had a passion for Japan they did not share(read- to them you were fitting in and were a kiss a$$ hence why you were picked on).

The hypocrisy of this just annoys me. You are automatically assuming the guy doing these things is out of a need to fit in...how do you know he just doesn't have a passion for Japan like you did?? Ohh yea, that's right... SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE you and all the others who moved to Japan you did it out of a passion for the country but your level of "fitting in" is normal..psshh.

Spare me the BS of I am an individual I don't fit it I am just "myself"...I enjoy being the outsider. Ya, as much as you think you are some rebel you are not, and it's funny you chose a culture/country where conformity is paramount.

Last edited by Gahzirra : 05-22-2011 at 08:22 AM.