View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

06-01-2011, 01:50 PM

The last one is Chinese (the other three are Japanese, though). I'm actually getting a bit of an eyeache right now, so I'm not going to attempt right now. I will say that they are pretty difficult for me to understand despite being a fairly advanced reader. The first one basically has only one word that even shows up in my dictionary!

That being said, I read the first one as "the tragic successful attack on ~ City" where I'm not sure what 斯瓦 is, but Wikipedia-Japanese doesn't seem to show it as being a city! Maybe it's a city in another country, and the Japanese have successfully attacked them?

The second is talking about the fire brigade being able to respond when there's poisonous gas, but I can't give you the precise translation now because of aforementioned eyeache.

The third I can't understand just looking. I will need a dictionary for all the terms I do not know (are they location names? I've no idea!).

The fourth, while it's Chinense, I can tell you it says something about "the entire world" because that's what 全世界 means (the first three hanzi in the poster).

There are many more talented people here on JF that may be willing to help. I'll come take another crack at it in 12–24 hours if no one else has helped.