View Single Post
(#88 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

06-19-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
well in my country for you to be a teacher you actually have to study teaching to be one. every teacher i know has spent 4 years in university, then usually majors and only then starts to teach while also attending all kinds of courses once in a while for improvement.

and what you just said are the mistakes i mentioned. but i would not call them major. i would be far more worried if i was thought incorrect grammar than idioms or pronunciation. and usually both of these things are left for the person to fix on his own when face with real life situations. doesn't matter how good the non-native teacher is - everyone still needs to practice with different people to "see" how language works in real life.
taught, not thought

I suppose they might not be major, but depending on how long they've been misusing the language, it can be very difficult to break the habit.
A major error might actually not take so long to break because of how blatant it is haha.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.