View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-12-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippom View Post
Okay I'll make an exception and give a 2nd reply.

People can play that game of 'what if' all day long, and it's lots of fun I'll grant.

But I'm talking about one thing, whales.
That is my point.
That's it.

As per my quote above, I am in agreement with spicytuna that the general thrust, mood, and tone of voice of this thread is trolling and ask that it be locked.

Arigatou.
I do not think the OP is trolling. Just because you think that certain animals should be taken off the menu because you believe they are something special does not mean people who do not hold that same belief are somehow trolling because it offends you. Perhaps the notion does not even occur to them.

Personally I do not like whale meat either, but if a person or culture considers them to be a food source etc, I have no right to stop them as long as they are hunted responsibly. No matter what you say whales are not on an equal rights level with humans, but then again what is the point, logic and reason does not work with animal rights activists because they just think with their emotions anyway. Anyhow this is another one that has been argued into the ground and I have no desire to carry it further, since it will not change anything (as far as what I think). I just wanted to say it for the record.

Last edited by RickOShay : 07-12-2011 at 10:59 PM.