(#17 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-28-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
I saw a programme that showed customers taking dogs out for a walk then returning them to the cafe.
Usually dogs become loyal to special owners-- its strange if they have to deal with many strangers all the time.
They dogs do usually have real "owners". At least in the case of the full grown dogs. They are usually taken home by a worker or the shop owner.
Dealing with strangers isn't all that strange if you think of a dog that goes on daily walks and is taken out to parks, etc.
I recall reading about some of the cafes, and the dogs are cycled out by the hour. They aren't forced to sit there and be accosted by strangers all day - they have their time in the spotlight getting lots of attention... And then they go home to rest.

Quote:
I also read somewhere that manyjapanese like to dress up their dogs indesigner clothes. Oh dear! They are not dolls to be dressed up. it seems other parts of the world also have owners who also dress their dogs in ridiculous garments.
The question with this is; Do the dogs care?
If someone is forcing the animals into clothing, that is a problem. But if the dogs don't really care? Or even enjoy the attention?
I know someone with a small dog that they dress up. The dog loves being dressed up, and will come running if she hears the clothes drawer being opened.

It is no different than collars and leashes. How many dogs can you think of that jump for joy at the sound of their leash? And yet, the leash itself can't be fun on it's own.
It is all relative.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.