View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
JBaymore (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Anyone know anything about the Olympic Memorial Youth Center in Yoyougi Koen? - 09-02-2011, 09:23 PM

For part of the time I will be in Japan with my band of college students this month and the beginning of next, our hosts are putting us up at the Olympic Memorial Youth Center in Youyogi. In fact, that is the place we will be on our first night in Japan.

I have traveled in Japan MANY times and have used KuroNeko takkyubin service to get bags from place to place every time and usually multiple times a trip. It is a wonderful service and seems to be "universal" in my experiences.

Well..................

I am getting told by our hosts that we cannot get out bags shipped to that place from Narita Terminal 2 (JAL arrival)? This to me seems totally amazing.

So does anyone know anything about this? Or why it might be so? Or if it is clearly incorrect information?

Also ......... can anyone find / supply an email address for the OMYC for me? I have scoured the OMYC website in both 日本語 and in English....and I cannot find one on there. Have thei phone number..... and will use that if I have to. But email comes first .... if I can find it.

If this is the case... it is going to make getting from Narita to our destination, and then back to the airport later....... because we'll return to the OMYC for a single night just before returning to the US ....... a total nightmare! Schlepping luggage on japanese trains and subways and through the stations is NOT my idea of a "fun time"! Particluarlt after being in "travel mode" for 18 to 20 hours straight at that point.

Ideas / suggsetions? Appreciate any help.

best,

................john