View Single Post
(#87 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-21-2011, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokusatsufan View Post
I don't think Kpop's westernised. If that were the case I wouldn't like it. If it is westernised then it's not specifically Americanised,it's everywhere.

Having them act a certain way doesn't make it westernised. I get they like Americans in Asia but I just don't see it.

I don't think Kpop is better than Jpop but occasionally some Japanese stuff is just too bland.
I like Kara,SNSD,SCANDAL,Kamen Rider Girls the best.
Again, don't say Jpop is______ or Kpop is _____ unless you can back them up with statistical numbers.

Also ,be specific with opinions. To say Jpop in my opinion is bland doesn't get you off the hook. What it shows is your trolling or you don't know much about Jpop yet have the nerve to post anyway. Sure some Jpop will be boring or not to your taste - Not all Jpop is to my taste either. But Jpop is huge with many genre to pick from and all kinds are artist with unique sounds.

to cut to the chase, I'll turn the table:
I think SNSD sound fake, and I thing BigBang is a bunch of dorks. I really do. BUT. I do like older Kpop like S.E.S. and FinKL. Beyond that I don't know other Kpop so I haven't heard 95% of Kpop.

So, should I say:" I think Kpop is fake and dorky."
Is it OK to saying something so harsh about the whole Korean music industry even though I only heard a handful of SNSD and BigBang songs?