View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

10-05-2011, 09:11 PM

I have, somewhat of an objection to this "Native people make better teachers" theory.

The first sensei I had was a very nice person . . .However she didn't teach us ALOT in the , like, 11 months we had her. She was an old lady though, and I imagine she probably taughtbetter earlier, but we didn't learn A TON and some of what she tried teaching made little sense.

We then get this white guy from Idaho and he, aside from the accent issue (To be honest I never paid attention to his accent) he taught very well and he taught alot. I think part of it was that Japanese was his second language and he taught using both methods used for Native English speakers and now we'restudying from a real Japanese article about sobasta (Soba pasta) with all the glorious kanji (Oh the joy)

I'm not saying Natives will always be orse, but you can't say they'll always be better.

Coinkidinkly, that same year, a black women with an American accent taught me and other kids Spanish, THAT was alot more fun of a year than the Spanish Hispanic teacher I have this year, but she's still nice and she's still a good teacher.

So yeah, with the right qualifications, like Columbine listed, it can be done I think.

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.