View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
dinkot (Offline)
New to JF

Question Pursuing my musician/composer dream in Japan - 10-11-2011, 07:26 PM

Hi minna, everybody

I am from Indonesia, 29 yrs old this year, graduated already with Bachelor Degree (in Business Finance & Management), now helping my dad, but my real dreams, passion & talents have always been in MUSIC. yes, I am also a musician/songwriter/composer, although still an Indie one in my country

And I've always, always loved Japanese culture.
(I don't care if actually people calling me "otaku", "Japanophile" etc everybody is entitled to their own opinion),

but the thing is: I have always loved Japanese music (Jpop/Jrock), anime, video games, movies, culture, the "music culture" and its vibrant music scene, the variations of the 'modern' Tokyo and the 'traditional' Kyoto, sakura trees, japanese food, etc etc (I used to travel to Japan by myself in 2005, and immediately fell in love with the country, even still now when I remember about it!),
but what draws me the Most is probably the MUSIC, as a musician myself.
so to finally be able to live in Japan, and ideally, work as a composer/musician, either as a 'foreign/international/overseas artist' or as a composer for video-game/anime would totally be a real highest dreams-come-true for me!

So my several quick questions for now before I continue further is:

1. Is it still possible, and is there still an "easy way" (or 'easier' way) for me, at this current age, to live in Japan? If yes, would love to hear some practical info about this.

2. And is it actually possible (still), at my current age, to study japanese, and then right-away go live there, and try to make a career as a musician/composer there?
I don't mean to sound boasting, but I've got many positive remarks from both local and international people (and professional music industry people too) about my Music & musical talent as well, which can be heard some here.

3. and will there still be a 'racism' issue, as I myself am from Indonesia, but my ethnicity is Chinese. I always long for all people/humans to live together and never have racism in daily life, but unfortunately I know that Reality is often not like that.. so that's why I want to ask first about this issue,.does it still heavily exist in the "modern 21st Japan" today, or not that much anymore actually now? (knowing this would really immensely help, IMO)

Would really hope to get some answers back from anyone here who knows and can help answering some of my questions & curiosity above.

And last but not least, for some samples of my music compositions, please come visit my website here: Niki Wonoto's Project (for a calm, sweet, and tranquil journey in Music...for your Soul), hope you guys like and can enjoy the music

thanks,
domou arigatou~

http://nikiwonoto.com
(for a calm, sweet, and tranquil journey in Music...for your Soul)

Last edited by dinkot : 10-11-2011 at 07:29 PM.