View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

04-18-2007, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Most Japanese restaurants outside of Japan are run by Koreans, not Japanese. And most of the food is not "real" Japanese food. If you ask, they will say they are Japanese, but if you talk to them they can`t speak Japanese and will then admit they are Korean.

Japan considers this a problem, so decided to do a verification system - they were going to give little signs to the shops with verified Japanese food, so that you could look and see. If the shop had a sign, it was verified by Japan to be real Japanese food - if it didn`t, it would probably be "Japanese style" food arranged for that country or something like that. They weren`t planning on shutting down the not verified ones, just not giving them a sign, you know?

But Korea got SO mad and tried to make it into a huge international problem - because I guess Koreans make so much money from fake Japanese food places - that Japan just recently gave up. Korea was threatening to basically sue Japan for selling Kimchi without permission from Korea (even though all Japan was talking about doing was giving signs to real places, not doing anything at all to the fake places) and they started trying to make it into a reason for a war or something.

It is so stupid.
wow that is dumb.

Yeah Ive seen lots of these Japanese Restaurants run buy Koreans, it sucks. My friends where with me and said I should speak Japanese to them but I knew that they weren't Japanese.

Ive only been to one real Japanese restaurants in America but its gone now

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."