JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
08-17-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
I'd ride with that. I don't have a problem buying the products by legitimate means, but if it isn't available in my country and isn't subbed, I'm liable to break the rules. This, of course, mainly applying to TV shows.

Btw, Hey! Hey! Hey! and Gaki no Tsukai are the best.
I've only seen clips of Gaki no Tsukai, and have always wanted to watch full eps, but have no idea where to get them.

Does this show even still air in Japan? I know it's a pretty old show.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-17-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
I'd ride with that. I don't have a problem buying the products by legitimate means, but if it isn't available in my country and isn't subbed, I'm liable to break the rules. This, of course, mainly applying to TV shows.

Btw, Hey! Hey! Hey! and Gaki no Tsukai are the best.
I don't want to sound like a hypocrite, but it isn't illegal if those titles aren't licensed in your country.

I love the comedy duo Downtown, and I DL Hey Hey Hey, Gaki no Tukai, Lincoln and Downtown DX every week.

THere is no market for these shows in the US, they don't show them in the US, and so I feel no guilt DL. I have actually spent more money than I wish to admit purchasing Downtown DVDs in Japan, but i bought them because I wanted them, not because I felt guilty.

But if I knew they were coming out of DBD in the US, I would stop right then.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-17-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
I've only seen clips of Gaki no Tsukai, and have always wanted to watch full eps, but have no idea where to get them.

Does this show even still air in Japan? I know it's a pretty old show.
It cetainly does still air.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-17-2008, 10:54 AM

Let's say there's a new series out. It's not licensed, lots of people download it, watch it, and say how good it is. I find out about it, download it, and then some of these same people then say "Ah, that's wrong, it's licensed now, you can't do that, you should buy it". It seems to me that I have to spend money, just because I wasn't as clued up as them and was slower off the mark.

To me it's not important whether I managed to download it within the unlicensed time period or not, but I do believe that once a series is in the shops I should either buy it or delete it off my PC after watching a few episodes.

Last edited by Haggis : 08-17-2008 at 10:59 AM.