JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#211 (permalink))
Old
st2l (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-29-2007, 11:12 AM

My parents are often getting on my nerves with their comments. If I wanna watch anime, just leave me alone, it doesn't mean that I'm a baby, it just means that I like watching that kind of stuff! Sometimes I just don't understand them.
(#212 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
04-29-2007, 11:14 AM

Maybe the problem is they don't understand you... Have you tried explaining things to them? O.o

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#213 (permalink))
Old
st2l (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-29-2007, 11:21 AM

I tried, a few times, but it's like every time I explain they seem to understand but after a few days it's all over again. Maybe it just depends on their mood or something.
(#214 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
04-29-2007, 11:30 AM

Haha, I see what you mean... Parents.... Well, good luck... Maybe you can write everything on a piece of paper or something... then whenever they 'question' your age, just lift it up and shove it in their faces

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#215 (permalink))
Old
st2l (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-29-2007, 11:35 AM

That's a good idea!!
I'm still hoping that they'll come to their senses.
(#216 (permalink))
Old
zodia (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to zodia
05-04-2007, 05:42 PM

what i think and have been thinking and saying for a long time.. people who are always dissing on anime are people who just literally don't understand it { "dur big words" is what they're like} the only people Ive found who don't like anime are simply to stupid to understand and watch it and would rather watch some stupid bulls*** like date your mom and pimp my ride and s*** like that, so they just claim to not like it.. it { in my opinion} is sheer stupidity.. it isn't right but its what Ive seen.

Love, Love,Love, Your Dead... But Don't Die...
(#217 (permalink))
Old
cocoluvnihon (Offline)
The"Kewl Otaku" one

Send a message via AIM to cocoluvnihon Send a message via MSN to cocoluvnihon Send a message via Yahoo to cocoluvnihon
05-04-2007, 05:59 PM

I agree completely with this post! I feel that the stereotypical people that like anime are wierd. Hell, I like anime and I don't care if people give me slack. I like what I like and if people don't like it then I DON'T CARE!! I admit it there are some immature brats out there that are a bit crazy with it, but again don't disciminate appreciate!
(#218 (permalink))
Old
Tolbarizhei (Offline)
is lost without you!

Send a message via ICQ to Tolbarizhei Send a message via AIM to Tolbarizhei Send a message via MSN to Tolbarizhei Send a message via Yahoo to Tolbarizhei
05-04-2007, 06:17 PM

can definetely agree with you coolnard.. some people are just not accepting of other peoples lifestyles and make it a mission to put down and/or destroy their happiness for their own selfish desires.. it does get very frustrating, but sometimes we just have to bite our lip, and if possible, just walk away.. unless you are absolutely sure your able to change the person.. very sensitive topic nard, but much needed if it has made you feel this way

there is one true love in my life.. and sadly it will be fate that will have to hold us together
the light will continue to shine for all..
Fratello, may the angels bless you on the way throughout eternity
(#219 (permalink))
Old
Tolbarizhei (Offline)
is lost without you!

Send a message via ICQ to Tolbarizhei Send a message via AIM to Tolbarizhei Send a message via MSN to Tolbarizhei Send a message via Yahoo to Tolbarizhei
05-04-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensoninoue1 View Post
Are you not dicriminating against shows like Pimp My Ride, your argument is bad because that show cannot be compared to anime. I think it has to do with taste, some just do not like it. That does not make them stupid, they just do not have interest in it. I have watched some anime shows and liked a few but I found that I like live action asian movies a whole lot better, and have not watched anime in about two years. Does this make me so stupid and dumb?
what im seeing as the problem here is the fact that someone is belligerently showing their dislike for someones interest, and making it a problem for that person who happens to enjoy it, which makes it a stupid and ignorant thing to argue about.. we all have our likes and dislikes, debates are fun, but fights arent

there is one true love in my life.. and sadly it will be fate that will have to hold us together
the light will continue to shine for all..
Fratello, may the angels bless you on the way throughout eternity
(#220 (permalink))
Old
OtakuGaijin (Offline)
Otaku Rule!

05-04-2007, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
Gaah, damnit im getting real pissed off with people who look down on Asia(Japan) and it's cultures -.-"

Why cant they understand that not everything in Asia has to do with Chinese and that anime isn't just some low-class cartoons?
What exactly are they discriminating against? Why do they feel that ainime/manga are just for little kids and arent able to accept the fact that they aren't age restricted in any way, and can be seen/read by older viewers? Why don't they know that the art and profundity of anime cannot be compared to a barren and monotonous reality? 1/4 of the world population on earth watch anime/manga. Japan is one of the most powerful countries in the world and possibly only second against the US.

Was it the right move to make a thread regarding a sensitive issue? Will it spark off tension, havoc and internal wars? I don't know anymore.. Z_Z

I'll finsh this at home, but to help U against those, who don't understand anime, just say this .....
" I'm sorry that U don't Understand this Art from, it easy to see that it way over your Head," ( then just walk away from the Asshole!)

unbelievable stupidity!!!

Last edited by OtakuGaijin : 05-04-2007 at 08:10 PM.